Skip to main content

July Photo Update

Considering that I have 553 photos stored on my phone (alone), it's not so much a case of nothing to say but rather - where do I start?!

In no apparent order -
Ma Viv presented Jorja with this miniature "B-tar" and she took it to school on Tuesday to help them sing Happy Birthday to Madison!


Jorja is trying out a new hobby
 Aunty Dom has a nifty tool on her phone - useful for collaborating pictures and super nifty for not making one child seem more favoured than any other!!



  The Bonny Babies crew enjoyed a school holiday trip to Muizenberg and they took advantage of the warm sunshine, and enjoyed sandy slap chips!

Waiting at the Train Station
 With the cold weather upon us, this is pretty much the order of the day. Ethan doesn't seem to mind a beanie and at the same time, is working on his self-feed technique.


 Speaking of 'feed', Zac is always concerned that Rolo stays a well fed dog. He often takes it upon himself to open up the container and get a couple hand-full's of pellets out beforehand!


It's been a bumper month of first birthdays! This particular candle was used for Ethan, Zac and Lily! Ethan has only just worked out how to extinguish the flame, so when he sees this candle, we have to light it up again. Pretty soon, we'll be all out of commemorative candle.


To celebrate Madiba's birthday, the children visited Belthorn Primary School and decorated birthday cards for our former President. Afterwards, everyone made a big circle outside of the school to show that Belthorn is committed to upliftment.
Uniting a community
 This month we also 'celebrated' Ethan's first piece of art...on a wall...in someone else's house! Jorja was horrified (as we all should have been)! Fortunately, it was easy to wipe off and thankfully we have had no repeat offenders to date.
Ethan's First Wall Art
 ...And just in case we weren't missing the UK enough, we received this update from the Wilcox family, to show us all of the sun that they have at the moment! I am sorry that I couldn't show P-J the people in their bathers, catching a tan in the park!

Heat wave!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A home-made birthday

Due to the fact that we celebrated Jorja's birthday with the Weber and Wilcox families in the UK last year - over a few days and in various styles - we were a bit out of practice. In fact, if Jorja had not brought it to my attention with just two weeks to spare, I must confess that I would not have expected it to arrive for another few more weeks! But Moms could never let that seem to be the case, so we got cracking on 5th birthday celebration arrangements... On the night before, I set out every baking ingredient, apparatus and accessory that I could find and hoped that we would make it work! Aunty Robyn and Aunty Ilana arrived just in time to help us bake off the first round of vanilla cake pops and cookies with sprinkles. At this point, there was no turning back, our kitchen was already in a state of bake! The biscuit batch baked beautifully (and bountifully) and Jorja was well pleased with her assisted effort. As she head to bed on the eve of her birthday, I popped the...

That's so amazing about Grace

Scrolling through some photos this afternoon, I came across one of our friend Tarrin-Rae and her new baby girl, Isla, born last Thursday 31 October 2013. Isla Grace Graham I struggled to contain my own emotions as I observed this special moment in Tarrin's life (and new Isla's too) and thought back to my own experiences. I immediately asked Tarrin if I may use this to share a bit more of what I some times feel as a Mom... At first glance, I see relief . She's finally here! We can see her face in real life and we can say out loud "I am a Mommy!" Like my own kids, Isla was in no hurry to be born and labour was induced. What's worse than having to wait 40 weeks to meet your newest family member?? Having to wait longer still! I must confess, that this feeling was mixed with a fair dose of disbelief  on my part too - when I sat quietly resting between visitors and feeds, I had to pinch my literal self and realise - the baby was here. Then I see comfort ....

Day 1

We woke up with the sun Some self-isolated under the duvet  until well after 8am We mixed chocolate into breakfast oats And we lay out our best made plans We smiled, wondering if they would be implemented today or ever? By 9.30 we were driving on new roads On our return we forfeited stockpiling  For urgent bathroom breaks But when we arrived we enjoyed the sun from inside the parked car instead After lunch the devices rang non-stop Beep! Ring! Buzz! Mail! Chat!  Real time, ceaseless demand  All those unseen germs that we swipe left and right with our dominant hand and press to our cheeks Yikes  I start a grocery list I should start with food staples and emergency supplies  I write "chocolate"  I wonder how long the internet will last under this pressure Perhaps tomorrow I'll unplug it for a while, to rest It's only Day 1