Skip to main content

New Year's Eve 2017

Stopping to catch my breath, then glance behind me and also squint ahead, I have made a few goals for the new year. In no particular order, here they are:

1. Less Screen Time

2. Invest In Friendships

3. Ride The Harley

4. Read Through The Bible

5. Establish A Structure In The Job

6. Play "All I Ask" On The Piano

7. Enjoy Bedtime Stories With The Kids

8. Make Things Minimalist At Home

9. Say "No" 

10. Share Quality Time with PJ

11. Show Gratitude

12. Make Those Photobooks 

13. Live In The Light Of The Cross

14. Travel Whenever Possible

15. Be Present And Intentional

16. Eat Less Junk Food

17. Spend More Time Outdoors

18. Celebrate

(20)18 Things? Totally unplanned! And I wouldn't change a thing. Love the opportunity that a New Year /   Week / Month / Season brings... I can't help but wipe the slate clean and try again. 

May your new leaf shine bright and beautiful as the dawn tomorrow. May you also experience the grace of a fresh start, another chance. May you grab it with both hands and live fully! To laugh, to lose, to love and to learn...is to live! 

Happy New Year to you from us xxxxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A home-made birthday

Due to the fact that we celebrated Jorja's birthday with the Weber and Wilcox families in the UK last year - over a few days and in various styles - we were a bit out of practice. In fact, if Jorja had not brought it to my attention with just two weeks to spare, I must confess that I would not have expected it to arrive for another few more weeks! But Moms could never let that seem to be the case, so we got cracking on 5th birthday celebration arrangements... On the night before, I set out every baking ingredient, apparatus and accessory that I could find and hoped that we would make it work! Aunty Robyn and Aunty Ilana arrived just in time to help us bake off the first round of vanilla cake pops and cookies with sprinkles. At this point, there was no turning back, our kitchen was already in a state of bake! The biscuit batch baked beautifully (and bountifully) and Jorja was well pleased with her assisted effort. As she head to bed on the eve of her birthday, I popped the...

That's so amazing about Grace

Scrolling through some photos this afternoon, I came across one of our friend Tarrin-Rae and her new baby girl, Isla, born last Thursday 31 October 2013. Isla Grace Graham I struggled to contain my own emotions as I observed this special moment in Tarrin's life (and new Isla's too) and thought back to my own experiences. I immediately asked Tarrin if I may use this to share a bit more of what I some times feel as a Mom... At first glance, I see relief . She's finally here! We can see her face in real life and we can say out loud "I am a Mommy!" Like my own kids, Isla was in no hurry to be born and labour was induced. What's worse than having to wait 40 weeks to meet your newest family member?? Having to wait longer still! I must confess, that this feeling was mixed with a fair dose of disbelief  on my part too - when I sat quietly resting between visitors and feeds, I had to pinch my literal self and realise - the baby was here. Then I see comfort ....

Day 1

We woke up with the sun Some self-isolated under the duvet  until well after 8am We mixed chocolate into breakfast oats And we lay out our best made plans We smiled, wondering if they would be implemented today or ever? By 9.30 we were driving on new roads On our return we forfeited stockpiling  For urgent bathroom breaks But when we arrived we enjoyed the sun from inside the parked car instead After lunch the devices rang non-stop Beep! Ring! Buzz! Mail! Chat!  Real time, ceaseless demand  All those unseen germs that we swipe left and right with our dominant hand and press to our cheeks Yikes  I start a grocery list I should start with food staples and emergency supplies  I write "chocolate"  I wonder how long the internet will last under this pressure Perhaps tomorrow I'll unplug it for a while, to rest It's only Day 1